Jennifer Pettengill

Friday, October 05, 2007

Ok so we went to BCH - Dr. Darras didn't really want to meet with us and he suggested the following: If symptoms of ataxia continue an MRI for chest and abdomen and a urine test to rule out neuroblastoma. Ok with my family history I really don't want to take any risks. For those of you who don't know I have an uncle who is 9 months younger than me who had his left shoulder and arm removed at the age of 17 to bone cancer. My Nana had a kidney removed and my Aunt had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 25. Hannah is doing ok balance wise but her hands are always shaking and her memory is terrible. So I insisted that they do the following a spinal tap to look for antibodies for CSF this would prove if she had a viral infection and tests to rule out nueroblastoma. The nurse called back and told me that they will be referring her out to a pedeatric oncologist. But he has not scheduled a spinal tap. I am so frustrated that he won't do this test. I know it is invasive and I don't want my child to feel pain but I need to be certain of whether she has or has not had a viral infection. I am nearly at the end of my rope for patience and being nice. Ok so that is the grim details of my life.

Now for the not so amusing details. I am allergic to all animals I say this often and no one listens or cares. I don't want pets because of this and also because I don't want to take care of something I can't cuddle. My mother the kind and generous woman that she is wants my daughter to have a dog. She tells the breeder all about how Hannah loves my mothers dogs and on and on. So the breeder offers to give us a dog. Can I just say again how I don't want one. Ok well she lovingly tells my husband all about this knowing my husband wants a dog. So I am given an ultimatum from my husband either take the free dog which is a small breed dog or I will bring home a bull mastif.

So here he is - I have named him Rusty Bear

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! Your dog is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for finally updating your blog, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home