Wow it seems that a whole different world has been created since my last post. Gained a little lost a little but more importantly my daughter is regressing and I don't know why. We have been through so many tests these past few weeks and I don't even know where to begin. But this is what has been running through my mind for the last two days.
"Here I sit in what seems like the darkest days of my life. I want so desperately to see my child well again. And through the pain I thank you Lord. I thank you for this precious child that I have loved so deeply for these past 7 years. For the love, laughter and happiness she has brought into my life. I thank you Lord for the strength you have sent to me in the people that surround me. I realize that you do not give us any more than we can handle because if it is more than one person can take you send in those people we need the most. Our family, our friends and our community."
Below are a list of things that have happened since the 15th of July
July 12/13 Head Cold - Stuffy
14-Jul being silly - her and her sister pulling on each others arm and running around
15-Jul Dizzy loss of balance can't walk in straight line - walks head into wall
16-Jul Checked at walkin clinic for inner ear infection - nothing
17-Jul Chiropractic visit - thought maybe out of alignment after Saturdays antics
later told she didn't recognize a teacher at school that she also knows from church - asked her if she had lived across the street from us.
18-Jul still not better made appt with Dr
pupils seem overly large
speech is thick - almost as if talking through mudd has to slow down to talk
19-Jul Chiropractic visit
20-Jul Took to Dr. - moderate amount of bacteria in prelim urine test, Dr gave antibotics said symptoms could be a urinary tract infection. If didn't clear up call back for referal - final test results negative for UTI
23-Jul Not better seems confused at times called for referral - couldn't get one until Wednesday
24-Jul Called Neuro myself to get appt couldn't get one until I got referral, babysitter noticed all over body shaking
25-Jul Still not better anger and mood swings high, still off balance, pupils still overly large great deal of confusion tried to put shoes on backwards (heel to toes) Couldn't get an earlier appt than Monday Dr advised I take her to ER
26-Jul Test results show no signs of lyme disease all clear - white blood cells elevated, did CAT scan found nothing
28-Jul Still showing confusion - older boy she knows from Sunday school - confused with knowing him from a friend in 1st grade adamant she does not know him from Sunday School. Angry and yelling at people for no reason, wants to play with kids and does but when she stops to talk to me whole body is shaking. Still having trouble with speech.
30-Jul Appt with Neuro ordered immediate MRI and EEG
31-Jul MRI - did awesome
2-Aug MRI results - no tumor - hazy spot on MRI Dr very concerened - Dr ordered more tests
3-Aug EEG and more blood work - wait until DR appt on the 13th find out any results

4 Comments:
Jen,
I sent you an email, but after reading this, I think you need to be more demanding with the doctors. It sounds like something is really wrong. I don't want to alarm you, and normally I'd tell people to take a wait and see approach, but this just doesn't seem right. I'm sending you prayers and hugs! (and I won't even be horrified if you cry!)
Lesley
Jen,
I have to agree with Lesley, on this one. When Colby was 5 and I couldn't get anyone to care nearly as much as I and kept getting the run around. I packed him up and brought him to Children's hospital in Boston. They told me your right something is very wrong and you made the right decision. He spent the next 3 mo's on and off their. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter at this very difficult time. Please keep us updated. I will be watching.
P.S. Congratulations on your weight loss you are doing AWESOME!!! Keep it up.
Sherri
Jen, I am continuously thinking of you! Hugs to you all!
WOW Jen! I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I just heard from Rachael and had to come over and read and comment! I hope they find a solution for all of this soon! I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs girl!
Oh and huge congrats on the weight loss! Next time I see you I won't know you! Great job!
Post a Comment
<< Home