Well only 2 nights left until the big craft fair. I think I am in pretty good shape. I still have to trace and cut some things out but all and all looking good. Then I start to decorate the house Saturday night - no pressure. I just can't figure out where I am going to put my big snow babies collection. I always had it on top of my kitchen cabinets in my old house. This house the cabinets reach the ceiling so I have a dilema. I don't want them to be reachable by looking hands. And I definitely want to display them - I will just have to figure it out. So of course I was reading Rachael's blog since it is the only way we keep in contact sometimes and so now I am tagged. Here goes.
Getting to know you... holiday style!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? yup wrapped in his own special paper
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White all the way!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I don't typically but I think I will this year good tradition to start with my girls
5. When do you put up your decorations? when I force myself into the mood
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? canfield potatoes hmmmmm so cheesy and good
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year I received my dollhouse. It was so big and beautiful. I didn't know until I was older how much work my Mom and Dad put into it. Now it is pieces because my godson decided that the shingles popped off nicely with a screwdriver. Someday I will re-assemble it.
8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? I was snooping- 3rd grade - and it so burst my bubble but what I have learned since then is that Santa is real - Santa isn't any one person it is every person and it is the real feeling you get when you give at Christmas and make someone happy.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I always let my husband open one because he is worse than the children but I usually give him the one that has socks in it.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? white lights, strung popcorn and cranberries, penguin ornaments I have been collecting for 20 years (yikes!) and the ornaments we each get each year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, especially the first snow which has yet to happen this year!
12. Can you ice skate? I try not to strap anything on my feet that will make me fall down.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My cabbage patch kid doll or my dollhouse
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? anything chocolate
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't have one
17. What tops your tree? Scott's tacky star that he has had since he was a small child - It's 40 years old - is it an antique yet?
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving gifts? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Beach Boys
20. Candy Canes on the tree? Yes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home